Mini-episode about the Red Sea eruption!
The mineral color episode is out!
Listen to the episode here
Geolog 101: Volcano monitoring
Try your hand at predicting eruptions! Play my favorite game! Volcanic Disaster!
some good info here
High frequency for VT
Song: 30seconds to Mars
See Forum Post here for Special Announcement!
Lunar Volcanics segment did you like it?
Episode 13: Listen HERE
Geology 101: types of volcanoes and volcanic eruptions
– Mauna Loa, Hawaii
– Shishaldin, Aleutian Islands Alaska
– Okmok Caldera, Aleutian Islands, Alaska
– Lava Flow
– Fire Fountain
– strombolian activity with small plume
– strombolian activity with larger plume
– painting of what the plume Pliny the Younger might have looked like
– Photo of Mt Redoubt Eruption in 1989
– Krakatoa Eruption 1883
– Anuk Krakatau Vulcanian Eruption
– Surtsey eruption 1963
– Surtsey eruption again
– Whttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifest Mata Volcano Underwater Eruption Video 1/2
– West Mata Volcano Underwater Eruption Video 2/2
– volcano Gjálp, in Iceland in autumn 1996 eruptions from under Vatnajökull Iceland
Volcanic Explosivity Index (VEI)
– VEI criteria
– Magnitude 5.1 SPAIN May 11, 2011
– Magnitude 5.8 WESTERN TURKEY May 19, 2011
Volcanic Activity, Smithsonian/USGS Weekly Volcanic Activity report
Geology 101: Earthquakes, Japan Earthquake and Fossilization
(Pagan Community Fundraising Page – for Doctors Without Borders)
Music: none this time sorry 🙁
Weekly Update: earthquakes & volcanoes
Feature Mineral: not a mineral, fossils!
associations lists post
Links for the Japan Earthquake:
USGS earthquake page technical information:
Because I like good news even in the midst of bad:
The New York Times: Japan’s Strict Building Codes Saved Lives